Cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine that began in Egyptian, Chinese, and Middle Eastern cultures. Special cups are placed on the skin for several minutes to create suction that will loosen the fascia and muscles. Cupping can alleviate pain and inflammation, as well as aid with blood flow and relaxation. It has also been shown to create space for increased lymphatic drainage to aid the body’s natural detoxification process.
Helps with Circulation
An increased popularity of cupping has made this type of therapy more well known and accepted.
Cupping Therapy made headlines when Michael Phelps proudly displayed his cupping marks at the Olympics. Cupping is the opposite of massage in that it lifts the skin and creates space for things to flow.
- Improves Blood Flow to Body Tissues.
- Allows for Relaxation & Tension Relief.
- Assists in Athletic Recovery.
- Reduces Inflammation to Help with Neck Disc Injuries.
- Allows for Natural Detoxification.